Q. How do I access the remote desktop from my Mac?
Instructions for connecting to the MyDesktop remote server through a Mac:
- Install Microsoft Remote Desktop application on computer through the App Store. Open the app.
- Select “New”
- Under Connection Name put “mydesktop.siast.sk.ca”
- Under PC Name put “mydesktop.siast.sk.ca”
- Under Gateway, click on the drop down arrow and select “Add gateway”
- In the Gateway section, under Gateway Name put “rdsgateway.siast.sk.ca”
- In the gateway section, under Server put “rdsgateway.siast.sk.ca”
- Close the Gateway Section and make sure that rdsgateway is selected in the Gateway drop down list
- In the Username put “siast\username” username being your Sask Polytech username.
- In Password, enter in your Sask Polytech password
- Close out of the New Connection window. The MyDesktop connection you created will show up in the list of My Desktops
- Connect to MyDesktop.
You might also find this tutorial helpful: https://www.techrepublic.com/article/pro-tip-remote-desktop-on-mac-what-you-need-to-know
Was this helpful? 0 0