Q. How do I format a running head for APA in Word?
- Add the running head after you have finished setting up your cover page and the first page of your paper
- Click the "Insert" tab
- Click the "Header" button
- Check "Edit Header"
- Under the Header & Footer Tools tab, check the "Different First Page" box
- Click the "Page Number" button
- Hover over the "Top of Page" entry and click the "Plain Number 3" option
- Type "Running head: TITLE OF YOUR PAPER"
- Click the "Insert Alignment Tab" button
- Make the following selections in the dialog box that appears: Right, Margin, and None
- Click OK
- Scroll down to the header section of the next page and click inside that page's header
- Repeat steps 6-11, except in step 8 only type TITLE OF YOUR PAPER
- Close Header and Footer tab.
Check out the video below, which uses a slightly different method, but both methods work just as well!
Was this helpful? 0 0
- This was the most usful video ever in understanding APA and setting up the page format. Most recommended. Thanks for saving me and increasing the points for my paper.